My Hubby

My Hubby

Thursday, June 7, 2012

FAITH bigger than Fear

 Fear holds you back. It holds you from being who you are meant to be.. Who YOU CAN BE..
Why do we fear? What is fear?
 I believe that God did not give us a spirit of fear.. but of love, power, and sound mind. (2 Timothy 1:7)
If we look at that verse.. you will see that fear is a spirit and it is not from God. It is from our enemy to tear us down, to forget what God has done for us and to forget our power in Christ! When we are drowned in Fear we can not love, we are selfish, we can not grow spiritually, and we can not become the person that WE CAN BE. We lose out on blessings, and miracles... Exactly what Satan wants! So the question is how do we conquer fear? Well I am a big believer in the one day at a time method! I believe in prayer, I believe in reading God's word. When you are doing these things you are surrounding your mind and thoughts on things above and on HIS words. So you are less to fall into the fear attack. You have less anxiety and you can look at things with a sound mind.

Now saying that is easier than doing it. I get that we are human, we are sinners, and we fall short everyday. I know that I am the first to recognize my weaknesses. All I am asking is let's take one day at a time and LET OUR FAITH BE BIGGER THAN OUR FEAR! :-)

Another side note that I have learned is.. Most of the things we fear NEVER happen.

Try to enjoy the day!

:)
Meet Virginia

1 comment:

  1. So true, Ginny! Thanks for the encouragement! :) ~Ellen H.

    ReplyDelete