My Hubby

My Hubby

Sunday, January 3, 2010

Life is a Dangerous Adventure

The Sermon this morning was great. I am going to summarize in my own words below while u using some of Pastor Bills thoughts.

Did you know that over 165,000 Christians around the world are martyred for their faith every year, for the name of Jesus Christ? And that is an estimate of the ones we know about. Do you think that could not happen to us in America? Well if you answered no, or I dont know. Then you are wrong because YES it can happen and I think that it will happen sooner than you think. Are you ready? Are you strong? Do you have courage? I would like to think I would say Absolutely yes. But do I? I know that The Lord will provide for me and you.I have faith. When or if that happens I pray to be ready. In Matthew 24 the disciples are anxious and was trying to show Jesus Herolds temple because they felt security in it. Jesus answered by letting them know that those stones are temporal. Matthew 24 is directed to Israel (not to us today)and talks about the Tribulation period (We will be raptured up before the Tribulation, thank the Lord for the believers blessed hope-1 Thessalonians 4:12-18,1 Corinthians 15:51-53, 2 Thessalonians 2:7 are some of the mentions of the rapture of the Body Of Christ) but in Matthew 24:6 Jesus states" ....For all these things MUST come to pass, but the end is not yet..." He said it MUST come to pass, not might but MUST. So this world we are living in must and will get worse and will lead to the second coming of Christ. In the meantime while you wait America will lose freedoms and might become a nation that is under fire and might will want you to deny the name of Jesus Christ. Are you ready to stand?

Some of Pastor Bill's thoughts:
- We need to have far sighted courage, we need to keep our eyes on the end, on the prize (Jesus). You will have 1. Current difficulty but will lead to 2. Ultimate Triumph.
-God does not want to reform you, He wants to regenerate you.
-*Everything will work out in the end, and if it is not working out then it is not the end. (that is an example for farsighted courage)*
-We live in a toxic world that will go from bad to worse
-We need to have balance from denial and panic.
-You need to have courage and faith. How you do you have those? Psalm 27:1-3, Psalm 37, Isaiah 40:31 are only some of the ways to help.

Remember "Heaven and Earth will pass away but My words will never pass away".. ( I can not remember the exact verse but I know its in Matthew)
I just think that we are blessed to have our freedom right now but beware for whats in the future. Be Fearless

Meet Virginia



No comments:

Post a Comment