My Hubby

My Hubby

Tuesday, December 22, 2009

~Strength~

Where does your Strength come from? My strength is from the Lord (Ephesians 6:10-17). I am who I am because of who He is and what He has done for me. I am somewhat independent but I feel like everyone should be in some sense. I feel like everyone should have their own ultimate relationship with Christ and that is where my independent tendencies play from. I do not take my relationship with Him lightly. Sometimes I feel like I take it for granted though. I was reading Philippians 4 this morning again. Trust me I let allllll my moderations known to the Lord. I let Him know all my thoughts and frustrations. I mean He knows them anyway so why not be honest? Verse 7 is the thing I was mentioning yesterday.. That Peace is unreal. If you have ever experienced it, which I am sure you have, then you know its unexplainable. But I give THANKS to that. Some days feel long, some short. I have been so busy lately and it is weighing on me. I can feel the Lord saying. Slow down and come talk to me. So I did this morning more than I have in a week. It was so great and refreshing. I am thankful for our alone time. It is funny how He will gently but firmly bring you back to Him no matter how caught up you get in "life". Which is somewhat ironic to me how I can get caught up in "life" when that life that I live is from Christ. But the Lord is good and I love His word, it does not turn back void and it does not contradict itself. It is the truth and the only thing that makes sense to me. Yes sometimes I get confused but the Lord reveals the things He wants to me on His time through the Holy Spirit and again I am thankful for that. Because you never stop learning. Thankful for that. I am thankful for the freedom I have in Christ. I am not a slave to my religion, my denomination (which I do not consider myself any kind of denomination.. I am a Christ follower), my job, my car, my church, etc. I am a slave to CHRIST and that is it. Christianity is not a "religion" to me, it is a personal relationship with Christ. I love my freedom. Another thing I take for granted.

1 Thessalonians 5: 18-"In everything give thanks:for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you."
The will of God.. IN CHRIST JESUS. Powerful stuff right there.


Dear Heavenly Father..I pray for the ones I love that you will continue to help them grow in your Word and have strength to fight for you daily. I pray for the Christians around the world who do not have the freedoms that I have and you will give them strength to stand for your name. I pray that you will give me strength to stand for your name. I pray for knowledge and wisdom concerning your Word. I pray for today. In Jesus Name. Amen

Meet Virginia

No comments:

Post a Comment